Monte Vista Montessori School
(Pre-K through 8)
The idea behind our Montessori school is simple. Your children are naturally curious and want to learn. Our job as educators is to provide a safe, loving environment where they can grow into curious and kind independent thinkers.
Montessori Education Works Because
- The focus is on cultivating your child’s natural love of learning
- Through hands-on, self-paced, joyful learning
- Where teachers work one-on-one with students or in small groups
- In a no-stress environment
- With no grades, no tests, and no homework.
Students Succeed Later in Life Because They Love Learning
- Students are challenged to take ownership of the their learning and allowed to follow their passions.
- Fascinated by maps? Want to spend hours drawing a giant one? Sure!
- Want to sit and read an entire book for a day? That works because you’re excited about reading!
- The Montessori system is flexible enough to allow your child to follow his or her educational passions.
Thomas Curran, Now an A-student at St. Mary’s Hall
“I attended Montessori School for twelve years and flourished in the environment. In high school, I’ve seen my curiosity and attitude towards learning contrast greatly with those who didn’t receive a Montessori education, and I owe it to the capable, hardworking teachers and nurturing environment of MVM. My teachers encouraged me to do what I wanted, to pursue my own interests, and this made me want to learn. My Montessori education allowed me to be myself and to start discovering who that is.”
Justin Rodriguez, Texas State Representative
“Last week, the 85th Texas Legislative Session convened and I was sworn in for my third term as your State Representative from House District 125!”
Michaela Vail, Now at STEM Academy
“I’m in an advanced STEM program and I find it really easy because of the foundation provided me by my time at Monte Vista Montessori.”
Quick Facts About Monte Vista Montessori
- Includes Pre-K through 8th Grade
- Located at 237 W Magnolia Ave, San Antonio, TX 78212 (Belknap and Magnolia)
- Founded by the same group of educators that founded Kriterion Montessori
- After-care, summer-care, and many extracurriculars are available
- The school has an incredible musical focus (See the headmaster perform regularly at the Cove!)
- Tuition: $8,550 per year for primary and $8,750 for elementary
- Scholarships and multi-student discounts are available. Contact us to find out more.
Monte Vista Montessori Staff
Mr. Andreas Laven, Principal
“Children do not learn the same way as adults. The adult relates; the child discovers.” – Mr. Andreas
Dr. Hans Laven, Teacher
“Montessori training is actually never completed. We are always learning to do better than before.” – Dr. Hans
Ms. Kathi Frazier, Teacher
“We have children of every race, creed, color and political stripe in our class. I can’t help feeling like our little united nations will bring a little more life, liberty and happiness into our world.” – Ms. Kathi
Ms. Cindy Navaira-Escobar, Teacher
“Teaching is a beautiful thing, teaching Montessori is even better. It’s amazing to learn things from a child’s mind. Not everyone learns the same and Montessori allows us to focus on the children’s strong suits and interests. We don’t just prepare a child for high school or college, we prepare them for life.” – Ms. Cindy
Ms. Myra Martinez, Assistant
“Of all things love is the most potent.” – Maria Montessori
Ms. Yvonne, Teacher
“The child can develop fully by means of experience in his environment. We call such experiences ‘work.'” – Maria Montessori
Ms. Patsy Garcia Davison, Assistant
“The essence of independence is to be able to do something for one’s self.” – Maria Montessori
Ms. Sandra Valenzuela, Teacher
“To aid life, leaving it free, however, to unfold itself, that is the basic task of the educator.” – Maria Montessori
Ms. Sara, Assistant
“The environment must be rich in motives which lend interest to activity and invite the child to conduct his own experiences.” – Maria Montessori
A Day in the Life
Watch This Video to Learn More About the Montessori Method.
Monte Vista Montessori School
237 W Magnolia Ave
San Antonio, TX 78212
Call (210) 737-6363